Psalm 1 - A Devotion

 I had started up this psalms blog last year and didn't get myself to post on it. Now I think I'm going to see if I can write some devotions based on psalms, proverbs or even hymns. 


Psalms 1

The Way of the Righteous and the End of the Ungodly

1 Blessed is the man

Who walks not in the counsel of the [a]ungodly,

Nor stands in the path of sinners,

Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;

2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord,

And in His law he [b]meditates day and night.

 He shall be like a tree

Planted by the [c]rivers of water,

That brings forth its fruit in its season,

Whose leaf also shall not wither;

And whatever he does shall prosper.I


This psalm gives us hope that if we focus on God and what he wants in our lives, we will prosper like a tree drinking in water from a nearby stream.

I can tell you one thing, if we focus on our fears or what David calls the "ungodly", we will surely be put into despair. I have experienced this first hand. My mind can really be a what-if manufacturing plant and can come up with so many negative situations it could make your head spin. It has surely made mine so many times.

I've had to learn to nip this ungodly focus on the negative in the bud and refocus on things more Godly. That is why devotionals are so important. When we focus on God's word and meditate on it, we draw close to him. And it makes us delight in the maker and creator of the universe. 

I pray today that you nip that ungodly thought in the bud and refocus on God and what he wants for your life. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalms, Parables & My Spiritual Walk

How to Be an Overcomer in Life

Devotional - Faithfully Waiting On God To Move